December 16, 2015
We don’t buy a car to have it repaired every week. We want it to carry us safely from A to B every day. To achieve that result we need to take good care of it by both driving “decently” and maintaining it regularly.
The same goes for roll containers. By handling them with care and maintaining them, you get the most for the money you invested and significantly reduce safety risks in your operations. But how do you do that?
Understanding the actual costs of repairing and maintaining your fleet has a direct impact on your total supply chain costs. Gathering and analysing repair data systematically helps you to define and perform necessary actions in time, therefore reducing your total maintenance costs.You can optimise your repair operations by:
- Using adapted repair bench & repair data collection system
- Recording each repair activities and time needed
- Recording spare parts consumption
- Getting detailed repair reports
K. Hartwall can help you with all the above and provide you with regular reports showing for example:
- Total number of roll containers repaired during a certain period
- Total number of actions performed and spare parts assembled each day
- Number of repairs and spare parts assembled per roll container type
- Share of repairs per roll container type compared to share of total fleet
- Repair and spare part costs in total and per roll cage type
With the K. Hartwall repair solutions, you can simply optimise your repair operations. If a certain part of the roll cage gets repeatedly broken we can help you to find the root cause. If it is the design of the cage which is the issue, we can adjust the specification to your needs. If the root cause is poor handling we can help you by training the staff and show proven best practices.
Another very valuable data is the understanding and comparing of life cycle costs of your different roll cages to help you take the right decision for your future equipment needs.
By keeping your units in good shape and proactively promoting best handling practices, you not only reduce the costs of maintaining your fleet, you also improve the safety of your employees and the productivity of your operations.
Make the most out of your fleet and contact us today to hear more or start a pilot.
Business Development Manager